my first machine knitting project after decades!
I made this scarf and finished last night. It's for my husband, and hopefully he'll like it!
I wanted to make it as a tubular, but the yarn I'm using it's way too thin for my machine, and by the time I was done with so many failure samples, I decided to make it in a very very long panel, folded in half and sew the sides.
|I'm using 6 different colors of 2/28 yarn in 100% cachemire|
this yarn is thin, a wee bit too thin as first project... it was a bit of trouble!
|I draw the pattern to get the idea of the stripes, and using my sample,|
I decided for the number of rows of each color.
here's the pattern memo:I started at the end of the work with scrap yarn.
I made the 196 rows of stripes (second column of numbers from the left - row count from the bottom up), then 700 rows in navy blue,
then 196 rows of stripes (last column of numbers reading - row count from the top down).
Then I knitted 1092 (= 196+700+196) rows in navy blue for the back panel.
|The top image is the edge hand stitched using |
the smiles and frowns tutorial by Diana Sullivan
Once again, the online community is great: I want to
GIVE A HUGE THANK YOU to ORTENZIA
because honestly, after more than two decades without using a knitting machine, I couldn't have made it without the huge selection of videos and tips.
Now that the ice is broken... I can't wait to get more things done !!