This is what my mom is getting for mother's day!
She saw the one I made awhile ago (tutorial here) and she asked for one with black cords.
made it obeyed (!!!) but I used all sterling silver components.
I love the result so much I'm going to make one for myself as well!!
supplies:* Economy Waxed Cotton Necklace Cord 1.5mm Black 10 Yards (30 Feet)
* / 3 / Sterling Silver 5x35mm Curved Tube Beads
* / 1 / Sterling Silver Swivel Curved Lobster Claw Clasp 19.5mm
* / 17 / Sterling Silver Head Pins 26 Gauge 1.5 Inches
* / 17/ Sterling Silver Jump Rings 7mm Closed
* 9-10mm White Color Natural Freshwater Pearl Beads
* 5 mm Freshwater Pearl Beads
* / 1 / Sterling Silver Heavy 10mm Closed Jump Ring 17 Gauge
* Sterling Silver Wire 20 Gauge Round Half Hard
tools:* Three Step Wire Looping Round Nose Pliers 5mm, 7mm, 10mm
* Darice 1893-09 Set of 5 Jewelry-Making Tools with Pink Handles
the tutorial / how-to:Because the sterling silver lobster clasp doesn't have a big enough ring to loop all the cords in, I had to come up with a different plan.
I used the wire looping pliers to make two split rings.
|I connected one to the clasp|
|and the other one to the heavy 10mm jumpring.|
Then I proceeded with the same steps on the detailed tutorial here.
The two of us... some times ago!
(I guess I love blue so much because my mom started to dress me in blue when I was little?)
happy mother's day to all the moms :)