wrap chains with pretty colors
for a DIY Venessa Arizaga's look
|left: Venessa Arizaga - collage by moi|
Loved these multi-chains necklaces, and picking different chains and the possibilities are endless if you play with the selection of colors.
Of course, after browsing and browsing... my selection fell on the blues with silver chains.
DIY Venessa Arizaga necklace: supplies
* Silver Curb Chain 4mm x 6mm / 8 feet
* 4mm Open Jump Rings 21 Gauge / 12* 5 strand end bar / 1
* 14 mm lobster clasp / 1
* dmc pearl embroidery floss - I used these colors: DMC 115 3-311 Navy Blue, DMC 115 5-796 Dark Royal Blue, DMC 115 5-798 Dark Delft Blue, DMC 115 5-996 Medium Electric Blue
* Metallic Embroidery Floss Aquamarine Blue
* Fray Check
* Flat Nose Pliers (easier with two sets)
* a crochet hook (the hook has to fit into the chain links- mine is a 1.4mm )
* a large needle
DIY multi strand chain necklace the how-to / tutorial:
|Cut another strand of chain of 22"|
Place the second row of chain just next to the one which has been crocheted
Use the big needle and the floss #798
and wrap around the first two links a couple of time
(leave a 1-1/2" tail)
|To connect the two chains with the embroidery floss, I used a mattress stitch|
Pass the needle trough the chain links, from the one without crochet to the one with the crochet
leave a loop and pass the needle trough the loop.
I did the mattress stitch for 45 links.
|To end the floss neatly on the front part of the necklace, |
wrap the last stitch two more times around the last links,
then turn the necklace on the wrong side, and make an overhead knot.
Seal with Fray check and trim the excess.
...and check Stripes & Sequins' version, too!
keep in touch!