who said nautical accessories are just for summer?
Pick the right color combination and make it work for winter too!
I love the combination of tan and dark grey...
This bracelet is a mix and match of two very popular posts on my blog:
what you need: supplies
* satin twisted rope (less than) 1 yr in each color
* 2 ribbon crimps 20 mm or 3/4" (20mm or 3/4 inch Silver Ribbon Clamp End Crimps (16 Pcs.) )
* large lobster clasp (Clasps Lobster Swivel 1 1/2" Silver Plated 5pc)
* two split rings (500 Silver Plated Metal Jump Rings MEGA MIX 5-12mm NEW 5 BAGS 100 each of 5 sizes!)
(I prefer to use split rings rather than jumprings especially while using thick chain or cords, because it's more unlikely that they will split open and less chance to break)
* few links of chain (optional)
* two pairs flat nose pliers
* E 6000 glue
* masking tape and scissors (not pictured)
the how-to / tutorial:
* cut each color of the satin twisted rope in three parts,
wrapping the edges with tape to prevent them from unravelling
* prepare your sailor's knot all the same colors on each side
(or alternate the colors... or do as you like!)
* use the masking tape on each side to keep the cords nicely tight together
*apply some E 6000 glue at the edge of the masking tape on each side,
and both on the right and wrong side of the bracelet-to-be
*meanwhile, use some masking tape on the pliers (this will protect the ribbon crimps)
and open the ribbon crimps a little wider
*the glue should be dry now, so cut the excess cords on each side
* insert the cords into the ribbon crimps and close tight
*add a split ring on each side of the ribbon crimp,
few links of chain on one side and
a clasp on the other side and it's ready!
make it in 10 minutes sharp!