let's get ready for fall one step at the time
...starting with the right accessories, maybe?
a woven leather black bracelet, very much Bottega Veneta's style
|left pic: www.saksfifthavenue.com - collage by moi|
I saw this last year, at the price tag of 240$... now is on sale at 96$.
Still not a bargain, considering that...
all you need is:
* scissors & E-6000 glue
* 2mm round leather cord - 1 yr (from M&J trimming - check on link for details)
* braided leather bolo - 1/2 yr (from M&J trimming check on link for details)
* 1/4" x 4" leather scrap
(if you don't have any, you can make it work with the round leather cord)
* 1 charm of your choice (mine is a sterling silver heart, similar to this one)
make the monkey's fist
* Make the monkey's fist (two videos tutorials HERE) without the sphere in the middle and leave the knot really loose (you need to see through)
* cut the excess leather cord, and make two knots at the end, so it won't slip
* insert the charm into the jumpring
* pass the charm onto the braided bolo cord
* fold the bolo cord in half, measure it on your wrist (mine once folded is about 7 inches) and wrap the two ends together with some of the 2mm round cord, tie a knot
* cut the 2mm round cord's ends and apply a good amount of E6000
* once the glue is dry, place it in the center of the monkey's fist (this will act as your sphere)
* now you can tie the monkey's fist knot
* cut the ends of the 2mm round cord and force it to go through the knot (use a tooth-pick)
make a loop closure
* keep the charm at the opposite end of the monkey's fist
* apply a small amount of E6000 glue onto the 1/4" leather scrap
* place one end of the scrap at an angle onto the bolo braid
* wrap the leather around 4 or 5 times
* slip the end of the leather under the last wrapped part
* cut the excess, clean the glue's smudges... and your fall bracelet is ready!
Add this bracelet to your collection! It's easy!
keep in touch!