Would you like a great "wow-factor" t-shirt
with about 20 minutes of work?
You've been served!
I made it last year and sure enough I'm going to wear it
over and over again this summer :)
It all begun with some internet browsing, and when I look for t-shirt inspiration,
the Red Valentino label is a great source. ...
Yeah, a bit excessive price tags, agreed.
This shirt was 255$... now on sale @ 178.50 on net-a-porter.com.
What a joke!
|image from net-a-porter.com collage by me|
I had everything on hand:
* Sheer Stretch Mesh Fabric in Black (1/2 yard will be more than enough)
* Double Faced Satin Ribbon -3.75" width in Black - 1 yard - for the bow
* a sewing machine (but can be sewn by hand since it's really not much)
|click on picture to magnify|
* cut the back of the t-shirt in the middle, leaving about 3" at the top uncut
* round the edges (optional, the original doesn't have round edges)
* cut a piece of black mesh in a sort of triangular shape with a round base (the two extra parts sticking out at the bottom won't be necessary if you don't round the edges)
* place the mesh inside the shirt and pin the sides onto the side of the cut
* trim the excess mesh underneath
* make a bow and pin it with a safety pin (so you can easily remove it to wash your shirt)
... probably even less then 20 minutes, right?