When browsing was slow and the connection with the phone cable was making funny noises.
Yes, I'm from the era when internet was one of the things that made jaws drop.
I thought I was ok, until I started my own blog.
People... I'm drowning.
Who could believe that behind these pretty blogs, with pretty pictures, pretty well edited photos, pretty everything, there was so much work, and so much to learn?
I read something about the real people that own these blogs and I see often things like: "I'm a stay at home mom, with three children, a husband two cats and a dog. Love to do this and that, and in my spare time I have this blog"...
ok, here is me: I'm a stay at home step-mom of three children that now are all in college, my dogs are living with my parents in Italy because they hated New York (I'm kidding you not, I have vet bills to show), a husband that is often in the other corner of the world and I like to make stuff and since I started this blog I don't have any spare time!
Just to let you know:
- I choose the design on blogger: first picture appeared on my screen, I liked it enough... good to go. --> 2 minutes ... not bad
- first post ... few minutes
- uploading a picture... not bad: good at the first shot
...I thought it wasn't a big deal.
- first tutorial uploaded in a linky party... oh, well. Ask Jennifer at Hope Studios about the exchange of emails... :)
- adding the button of the linky parties... thanks for hosting, btw... since I was just a reader for long time, I appreciate this bunch of creativity all in one place.
Linky parties...yes, that was challenging.
Well, sometimes I'm just looking for troubles, I thought it was much more difficult to what actually was, so I was trying to get an HTML code somewhere where it didn't like HTML, and I know it doesn't make any sense now, but I struggled quite a bit.
- When I was trying to get done this post with a PDF file ? ...two hours :)! ah, and didn't even work !
uploading, embedding (I don't even know what embedding means, btw) anyway I was doing something wrong (surprise!!), until few coffee later, when I got it right.
- Then all these linky parties started to add up and I created a page. ... two hours, again.
- I was reading the post over at today's creative blog about the blog etiquette in these linky parties, and yes, thanks also to Kim that held my hand step by step and gave me some great suggestions.
- When Debbie at debbie-debbiedoos wrote me that I had word verification in my comments? (I didn't even know I had such a thing...) 15 minutes later I took it off, oh well, but first I had to find where it was that 'word verification thingy'...
- see that diy club charm on the header? I didn't do it :) ... thanks Cheri !
All of this bla bla blaing is only to say that you ladies, are NOT AT ALL "stay at home moms that happen to have a blog" ... to my eyes, you're web masters engineers :)
I didn't know until a month ago when I started this adventure how much complicated I was going to make my life!
Anyway, I am still alive, learned something new, and enjoying it a lot.
Ah, and I'm on a high caffeine level, it works wonders on my web challenged neurons.
...Still trying to get the fb page worked out (I gave up after few hours of frustration)... looks like it's ok now, so click it if you like it ;)
I can happily report that I was able to get the random number generator (took "only" 45 min) on my side bar for the giveaway that will happen sooner rather than later at 100 followers :)
I hope one day I'll be able to reciprocate somehow.
In the meantime, if you're coming to NY, I owe you lunch :)
Thank you all. I mean it.