Consider these facts: I looooove amethysts, I love big chunky pendants, and I love raw stones.
He hit the spot not one but three times!
Ever since I had this (it's being about 3 years, I believe) I'm been wearing it with some cords or leather cords necklaces... not that I didn't like the result, but I wasn't completely happy with it, either.
On Easter Sunday, (was such a pretty day here in NYC) I decided to wear a purple cotton wrap top and my big, chunky, raw amethyst... ... Tried it on with the cord... neeeeh.
... Tried it on with the leather cord... neeeeh.
Guess what I had in my ribbon stash?
- some violet satin ribbon - I believe it was part of the wrap of a present :)
- some light lavender organza
- some random purple mesh ribbon
- then I remembered that for some past projects (one of the very many) I had some purple beads
- 2 split rings
- and I can never run out of clasps...
- 1 strand of purple-ish tube beads
- 2 strands of purple beeds
- 2 strands of satin violet ribbon
- 3 strands of the random purple mesh ribbon
- 6 strands of light lavender organza
Wrapped all around the split rings and sew and fray checked the tails, and...
About 15 minutes later...
Me? I love my raw amethyst even more now!
update p.s.: to keep the "twisty" look, I wrapped it really tight and heated with my hairdryer, and let cool down.
when I put it on, I twist it more than I would like, close the clasp on my neck and will untwist just enough !
will link to these parties *<:)