Well, first of all I need to brag a little because Outi was kind enough to mention my tutorial in her post.
Well, these pants were originally some plain, blue, cropped pants.
After sewing on all the zippers I love them. ...except: I wasn't too thrilled about that cropped length, way too cropped.
As often enough happens, I ended up using my seam ripper on the hem, and since the pants had already few washes before the refashion, there it was, the nasty discolored hem line.
* measure the circumference of the hem line of your pants
* get your zippers and if you can't find the exact size... follow my tutorial here
* leave a little more extra ribbon on
* bast your zippers in a way that will hide that ugly hem line, by leaving the zipper pull on the outside of your legs
* I just gave your pants that extra 1-1/2" length!
linked to these parties